How Stone Builders Can Help You Go Green
Our experience can help guide you in selecting energy-efficient and cost effective products for your new home. Examples include 95% high efficiency furnaces, passive solar design, "low E" glass, argon filled windows, high-efficiency water heaters, draft-stopping products, structurally-insulated panels, geo-thermal and alternative fuel furnaces, among other technologies.
Energy. Environment. Economy. Lets make the right choices together.
Our Commitment To Energy Efficiency
At Stone Builders, we are longtime believers and users of energy-efficient and green building technologies. We have been using Nu-Wool Cellulose WALL SEAL insulation for the past 17 years and Icynene Foam Insulation for the past 6 years. Through careful planning and selection of materials it is possible to far exceed Energy Star and baseline LEED certification.
Stone Builders Custom Homes have been featured in the Builders' Journal.
2011 Energy Efficiency Tax Credits
On December 17, 2010, President Obama signed the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010. This law extends the tax credits for energy efficiency into 2011, BUT at lower levels. The levels revert back to those in effect in 2006 and 2007, which were 10% of the cost of the improvement, up to $500, with a $200 max for windows, and several other set maximums.
* 10% up to $500 for insulation, roofs, and doors.
* Windows capped at $200, but qualification now ENERGY STAR
* Furnace and boilers capped at $150, and all furnaces and boilers must meet 95 AFUE
* $50 for advanced main air circulating fan
* $300 for air conditioners, air source heat pumps, water heaters, and biomass stoves
· $500 lifetime limit. If you got over $500 in these tax credits from 2006-2010, you are not eligible for anything more.
However, a 30% tax credit (including labor and installation), with no upper limit, is available for consumers building new homes (through 2016) for these products:
* Solar Water Heaters
* Geothermal Heat Pumps
* Small Wind Energy Systems Fuel Cells (up to $500 per .5 kW of power capacity)